Safeguarding at Churchfields Infants’ School
Welcome to Churchfields Infants’ School Safeguarding page. My name is Julie Anderson and I am the Designated Safeguarding lead for our school.
Here at Churchfields Infants’ School we aim to ensure that all children, staff and visitors stay safe and happy whilst with us. If you have a concern relating to a child’s welfare or safety, please speak to one of our nominated Safeguarding Officers:
|Mrs Julie Anderson
|Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
|Mrs Emma Beck
|Miss Jenny Roult
|Miss Charlotte Williams
|Deputy DSL including Online Safety
|Mrs Adela Kay
|Governor with responsibility for safeguarding and filtering / monitoring
Safeguarding our children from harm is our top priority at school as we believe that children are unable to learn unless they feel safe and happy. The role of the safeguarding officers is to support the welfare of all children at the school and to ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibility to safeguard the children in their care.
The Safeguarding Lead and Deputy will aim to safeguard all children by:
- Listening to and responding to concerns from children, parents, members of staff, visitors and governors
- Listening to the children in our care
- Processing information and making appropriate decisions on referrals
- Keeping effective records of concerns and actions taken
- Linking with support agencies and parents/carers, including Social Services when appropriate to do so
- Offering or organising support for children and families where necessary
- Training colleagues to act in the best interests of the children in their care
Mrs Anderson and Mrs Beck are available in the playgrounds or at the gate, before school and after school each day, or you can contact them via the school office by phone on 020 8505 0386 or via the admin e-mail.
We strive to ensure that all staff, children and other stakeholders feel safe and welcomed here at Churchfields Infants’ and we always welcome your comments if you feel that we can improve this in any way. Please do read the attached documents, which include our Safeguarding Policy and links to Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023.
You will also find lots of useful information on the NSPCC website. NSPCC